With the 2012 Presidential Election in full swing, it’s only fitting that we learn some obscure, lesser known facts about the candidates. Today we’ll review some unknown facts about President Barack Obama, and tomorrow, we’ll look at his challenger Willard “Mitt” Romney.
10. Obama is a Grammy Award winner. In 2006, he won the “Best Spoken Word Recording” Grammy for the audio version of his book “Dreams From My Father.” He actually beat out Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter that year.
9. He’s an avid comic book collector with an emphasis on Spider Man and Conan The Barbarian. This fact inspired the spinoff comic “Barack The Barbarian.”
8. While living in Indonesia, Barack ate dog meat and snake meat, which he described as ‘tough’ as well as roasted grasshopper. His favorite foods today are Linguini, which Michelle makes, and Chili, which he makes.
7. Also while living in Indonesia, the countries 44th President had a pet ape named Tata.
6. He applied to appear in a Black pin-up calendar while at Harvard but was rejected by the all-female committee.
5. He is a fan of show-tunes and gave an iPod full of them to the Queen of England.
4. He learned how to play cricket in Trinidad and Tobago. While on the campaign trail, Obama prefers ESPN to CNN.
3. He has a beer named after him in Kenya. It’s called ‘Senator Keg’ but everyone simply calls it ‘Obama’.
2. He is distantly related to Vice President Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin and Brad Pitt.
1. His nicknames include Barry, Bar, Bear, Renegade, Curly Eyelashes, and O’Bomber.
Trackback from your site.