Mark Cuban is a computer and software magnate. He is the founder of Microsolutions, Broadcast.com, HD Net (the worlds first HDTV network) and 2929 Entertainment. Mark is now one of the sharks on the hit show Shark Tank. He’s one of the most well-known and likeable billionaires out there. Here’s some little known facts about Mr. Cuban!
10. Mark took college classes at the University of Pittsburgh while still in High School. He went to Indiana University for his undergrad because they had one of the better business schools in the country.
9. Cuban attended stamp collecting conventions as a teenager, often spotting good deals and selling them quickly for profit.
8. Mark started his first business at age 12, selling plastic trash bags door to door. His original intentions were to be able to afford a slick pair of sneakers.
7. He was cut from his high school basketball team three years in a row. He now owns the National Basketball Associations’ Dallas Mavericks.
6. Mark at one point sold powdered milk in college.
5. He only took one computer class in his life. He essentially taught himself hardware, software and all the tenets of the computer and the internet.
4. In 1999, Mark sold Broadcast.com (the domain and business) for $5.9 billion in cash and stock to Yahoo, right before the dot com bust.
3. His favorite quotes are: “You only have to be right in business once.” “Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.” “No balls, no babies.” and “Risk is reduced through reading, not money.”
2. Cuban has paid several million dollars in fines for his comments against NBA commissioner David Stern and the league’s referees.
1. Mark taught disco to sororities in college.
Mark rose from humble beginnings to make a great name for himself on the worldwide stage. It’s tough not to admire a guy like Mark Cuban. Oh yeah, he was also on Dancing With The Stars. Enjoy!
Trackback from your site.