The 191 page document can be found here.
10. Jobs studied calligraphy in college, this was a major influence on many aspects of the Apple interface.
9. He was Disney’s largest shareholder at 7%. This happened when Disney acquired Pixar (a spin-off company Jobs started) in 2006.
8. He held the patent to the glass staircase, which can be seen at Apple stores nationwide.
7. He was a Buddhist vegetarian who dropped his Christian faith at the age of 13.
6. He was born to a Syrian father, but put up for adoption shortly thereafter.
5. Jobs had a 2.65 GPA in High School, proof that the American grading system is flawed. He also was a college dropout.
4. He was homeless during college: couch-surfing, returning Coke bottles for lunch money and getting free meals at his local Hare Krishna temple. He also drove around in his Mercedes illegally without a license plate as recent a five years ago!
3. Bill Clinton sought Jobs’ advice on how to handle the Monica Lewinsky scandal. He told him “I don’t know if you did it, but if so, you’ve got to tell the country.” This was returned by a long silence on the other end of the phone.
2. In the mid-1990′s he was fired by Apple, the company he started! After they lost $2 billion over two years at the turn of the century, he was brought back as interim-CEO. After several months the interim term was dropped, and the rest is history.
1. He had the displeasure of reading his own obituary when it was accidentally released to subscribers by Bloomberg. Buzz kill.
What a truly fascinating and innovative man. He is certainly someone whose influence will never be forgotten.
Trackback from your site.